The Nordic CMO Survey is a temperature gauge of what Nordic CMOs think and do, here and now.
As a CMO, it gives you access to what assumptions and adaptations others in the same role have made and are planning to make. Challenge yourself; we hope the CMO Survey 2023 will inspire you to develop marketing for your organisation.
Synlighet works closely with marketers from more than 200 Nordic companies. We can feel their pulse and see the companies, industries and markets from the inside. In collaboration with Kampanje, Resumé and Dansk Markedsføring, we have now, for the very first time, taken a systematic approach to describing what is happening in the Nordic market.
8 key takeaways from the report
- The areas CMOs are responsible for have become more important in recent years and will continue to be important in the future. This is the opinion of 70% of CMOs in the survey.
- 6 out of 10 Nordic CMOs expect to see challenges related to the recession and declining consumption in the next 6-12 months. 54% highlight changing consumer behaviour.
- Privacy and data management are increasingly important, with 40% of CMOs identifying data quality in marketing as a challenge.
- Budget responsibility is typical among CMOs, but the extent to which they have personnel responsibilities varies greatly. 69% sit on the company's leadership team. In companies with more than 200 employees, the figure is 59%.
- Many companies have changed their marketing strategy and increased the size of their marketing department in recent years to adapt to changes in the market and macroeconomic uncertainty. 34% are increasing their marketing budget. 43% plan to hire in the marketing department.
- Creative concepts, campaigns, branding, and improved brand platforms are key investment areas for many marketing managers.
- Companies that achieve desired marketing results are more likely to have invested in insights and analytics in addition to branding. They are also more likely to have embraced new marketing opportunities.
- Successful companies focus on adapting to changing consumer behaviour and the recession, while unsuccessful companies are more likely to point to internal challenges such as recruitment and reduced marketing budgets.
Would you like to receive the full report?
Fill out the form and recieve the The Nordic CMO Survey 2023 in your inbox.